Last night around 7PM I came to the realization that in the last 7 days I’d ridden over 150 miles on my bike and suddenly felt exhausted. I still had a lot of work to do so I decided a brief nap would be in order. I was expecting to sleep for an hour. I woke up at 6am today. So yeah, it lasted a little longer than I was planning. I remember responding to a few SMS messages with my phone, but otherwise nada. It’s particularly amusing because i kinda just stopped what I was doing and closed my eyes, and while I was in fact sitting on my bed at the time I wasn’t in it by any means. Hell I was fully clothed laying on top of it with a pile of work crap currounding me. In fact, here’s a short list of other things that were also on my bed within arms reach when I woke up this morning:
- Mobile phone, battery dead. (I plugged it in and it instantly told me I had 27 new SMS messages. Will check them after breakfast)
- U Lock
- iPod and headphones
- Laptop wide open with 19 blinking IM windows, everyone of the people who sent them currently being offline or away.
- A fan that I don’t remember moving from my window to my bed. Yes, a fan. Turned on.
- An open bag of Doritos, luckily not knocked over.
- A camera and related cabling to connect to the laptop.
- Bicycle gloves.
- Unopened mail
- A few scrachy notes to myself of things to remember to do before going to sleep.
Even better, I leave for Seattle in about 24 hours and now have considerably less time to finish up a ton of crap before I leave. Eeeep!