Facebook Events to Google Calendar

Links & Fun,Networks, Theory, and the Web — Sean Bonner @ 1:41 am

I just synced them. You can do the same with these easy steps…

1. In Facebook, go to your EVENTS page.
  2. At the top of that page click EXPORT EVENT
  3. You’ll get a pop up window with a URL, copy it.
  4. In Google Cal, on the bottom left you’ll see ‘Other Calendars’ and below that a link to ADD. Click ADD
  5. One of the new options you’ll be presented with is ADD BY URL, select that
  6. Paste the URL from Facebook where it asks for it.
  7. Fin

1. Thanks Sean! That’s very handy!

Comment by Jodi — October 24, 2009 @ 7:04 pm
  2. Why not just use the FbCal facebook app?

Comment by Marshall Yount — October 28, 2009 @ 4:09 pm
  3. this doesn’t work for me. any ideas?

Comment by S.H. — October 28, 2009 @ 6:48 pm
  4. Add Your Facebook Events To Google Calendar | Lifehacker Australia mentioned this Article on

5. Add Your Facebook Events to Google Calendar [Calendars] · TechBlogger mentioned this Article on

6. A detail, but this took me 10 minutes: to access the events page you need to use the “Applications” bar that appears at the bottom of the screen. Any other way of accessing your events does not see to have the export option on it.

Comment by mIKE — October 28, 2009 @ 7:33 pm
  7. Great tip. Thanks for the write up!

Comment by Joshua Kaufman — October 28, 2009 @ 7:44 pm
  8. Facebook: Sincroniza los Eventos con Google Calendar - TechTear mentioned this Article on

9. Facebook: Sincroniza los Eventos con Google Calendar mentioned this Article on

10. links for 2009-10-28 mentioned this Article on

Pingback by links for 2009-10-28 — October 28, 2009 @ 9:01 pm
  11. When I click on an event I only get two options:

* Download as appointment
    * Send email to…

No URL anywhere.

Comment by Tadhg — October 28, 2009 @ 9:03 pm
  12. Its not working for me.

Will this “sync” my friends birthdays too?

Comment by Jesipr — October 28, 2009 @ 9:35 pm
  13. It doesn’t do birthdays, only events.

And you have to go to the “EVENTS” page, not an event page.

Comment by Sean Bonner — October 28, 2009 @ 9:39 pm
  14. does the url automatically update your calendar when you delete events? or do you have to change the url each time?

Comment by typedmillepede — October 28, 2009 @ 10:54 pm
  15. Facebook: Sincroniza los Eventos con Google Calendar | Ultimos Avances mentioned this Article on

16. Add Your Facebook Events to Google Calendar [Calendars] | Son Of Byte mentioned this Article on

17. Have an automatic mode?
    Or every update that I made on facebook I’ll need update manually the google calendar?
    In this case, I think yes… :/

Comment by Caio Dias — October 29, 2009 @ 2:55 am
  18. johnmc.net » Blog Archive » Facebook Events to Google Calendar mentioned this Article on

19. Take Facebook Events to Google Calendar mentioned this Article on

Pingback by Take Facebook Events to Google Calendar — October 29, 2009 @ 5:20 am
  20. Add Your Facebook Events to Google Calendar [Calendars] « Coolbeans mentioned this Article on

21. I would love to figure this out. I don’t know if different they have different versions of FB assigned to different accounts or what, but I am not seeing what this post and others describe. There is no Export function on my Events page, or the Events application page, and there is one on individual events, but the pop-up gives you a file name, with the open to open or save it. I’m using Firefox right now, I will give it a shot in IE just for kicks.

Comment by Michelle — October 29, 2009 @ 11:47 am
  22. Sorry. I can’t type this morning!

Comment by Michelle — October 29, 2009 @ 11:48 am
  23. Got it! There are actually two different Events pages, depending on how you access them. If you go to your Profile page, and click the Events tab (if you have it displayed), you will not see the Export link. You have to go Settings > Application Settings > Events and then click the Events link itself in the list of Applications (meaning, don’t click Settings beside Events), and THEN you will see an Export Events link at the top. When you click it, you’ll get a URL in a pop up from FB.

Comment by Michelle — October 29, 2009 @ 11:57 am
  24. To access my events i always search ‘events’ in the search box…its the quickest/easiest for me.

Comment by Justin — October 29, 2009 @ 3:58 pm
  25. Add Your Facebook Events to Google Calendar [Calendars] - Kikil News mentioned this Article on

26. Thank you Marshall for the tip. http://www.fbcal.com is simple to set up and can correct the timezone problem you could face with Facebook as Facebook does not manage timezone. http://www.fbcal.com gives you also the possibily to subscribe to your Facebook Friend’s birthdays. And finally http://www.fbcal.com is now compatible with iPhone and Android. From your iPhone for example, just visit http://www.fbcal.com with your browser, follow the steps and click on the iCal icon when requested. You will find your fbCal calendars in your iPhone traditionnal calendar then.

Comment by Frederic Sidler — October 30, 2009 @ 6:55 am
  27. How to Add Facebook Events to a Google Calendar mentioned this Article on

Pingback by How to Add Facebook Events to a Google Calendar — October 30, 2009 @ 5:56 pm
  28. How to get Facebook Events into your Symbian phone | UK Gadgeteer Website mentioned this Article on

29. Une revue technologie: Facebook : Il synchronise les Événements avec Google Calendar mentioned this Article on

30. Zeitschrift Technologie: Facebook: Er synchronisiert die Ereignisse mit Google Calendar mentioned this Article on

31. Add Facebook Events to your 8.5.1 calendar « SvenM mentioned this Article on

32. How to Export Facebook Events Into Your Google Calendar : BlackBerry App World mentioned this Article on