After my talk at Mailchimp the other day, Jason Travis approached me and asked if I’d be willing to be a part of his ongoing series of portraits and “what’s in your bag” photos he’s been doing. I thought it sounded like fun and, since I wasn’t expecting to do it, I didn’t overthink what I should have in my bag at that point. It was literally what I had with me for that trip, just off the plane, giving a talk, heading back the next day. I really like it, and it’s funny how years of style, color, theme choices all work together.
OK, so what is all this stuff??
(I’m including links of where to buy when possible to avoid a slew of “where do I get…?” – If there’s no link I forgot or can’t find it online anymore)
- iPad Mini Retina
- Blue Lounge Lighting to USB key
- MicroSD/SD reader to USB
- Keychain with copper hook from Japan, Atwood tool & brass whistle, Martac copper AAA light
- ZOOM h4n
- Safecast bGeigie Nano
- Leica Monochrom w/ 50mm Summicron & Lance Strap w/ Titanium clips
- Stainless Embassy Pen
- Kindle Paperwhite
- Maxpedtion pocket organizer w/ Stanley pen screwdriver, Copper Pen, Griffin short USB to mini/micro, Streamlight pro, Altoids tin with vitamins, Stainless Sharpie, Silver Sharpie w/ black gaffers tape
- iWerkz folding bluetooth keyboard
- Velodyne earbuds
- Porter business card holder w/cards
- Werewolf cards
- Extra USB batter pack for iPhone/iPad
- slim wallet w/ 2 credit cards, ID and insurance card
- Maratac Copper CR123 torch
- iPhone 5s w/grove skateboard deck case
- Defakto one hand automatic watch w/ Maratac stiched PVC band
Friends will note that the glaring omission is any kind of knife, and I’ll point out again I’d just gotten off a plane. Also, my laptop was hooked up to a projector and I’d forgotten to grab it for this.