“So what are you working on now?”
I get asked this question a lot, my friend Derek had a great idea about how to answer it, so I’m following his lead:
- I live with my family in Vancouver, BC. We moved to Canada from Tokyo, Japan where we lived previously. Prior to Tokyo I was based in Los Angeles.
- For the last decade my work focus has been on my environmental non-profit Safecast, and I’ve recently rebooted Toybox Records, a record label I started in the mid 90’s.
- My wife Tara and I run a very small clothing/housewares brand called Street Sheets and we’re writing a book about people who live interest driven lives which we plan to release in 2021.
- For a few years now I’ve been making ambient music/noise with guitars and synthesizers and tape loops. Recently I released a few EPs inspired by how Tokyo felt during the early spread of COVID-19. I put some of the songs up on YouTube as well.
- I carry a camera with me pretty much everywhere I go, and seanbonner.photos acts as a sort of portfolio and artist statement. You can buy my photobook and fine art prints and NFTs.
- I’ve been training regularly in Bujinkan for 22 years and currently hold the title of Shihan (師範) though honestly I’m not big on titles.
Keep up with me:
This page is current as of March 2021