“So what are you working on now?”
I get asked this question a lot, my friend Derek had a great idea about how to answer it, so I’m following his lead:
- I’ve lived (since 2017) and worked (since 2011) in Tokyo, Japan. In August 2020 I moved with my family to Vancouver, BC Canada.
- My primary work focus is my environmental non-profit Safecast.
- My wife Tara and I run a very small clothing/housewares brand called Street Sheets and we’re writing a book about people who live interest driven lives which we hope to be out before the end of 2020.
- For a few years now I’ve been making ambient music/noise with guitars and synthesizers and tape loops. Recently I released a a few EPs inspired by how Tokyo felt during the spread of Coronavirus. I put some of the songs up on YouTube as well.
- I carry a camera with me pretty much everywhere I go.
- I’ve been training regularly in Bujinkan for 22 years and currently hold the title of Shihan (師範) though honestly I’m not big on titles.
Keep up with me:
This page is current as of September 2020